Housing Resources

CNO provides and connects housing resources to properties in the neighborhood. If you have questions or other inquiries please contact staff member Alicia D. Smith at [email protected] or 612-724-7457.

Foreclosure Prevention

Worried about Foreclosure?
If you’re behind on your mortgage or worried that you might not be able to make future payments, Corcoran Neighborhood Organization can connect you with a counselor who can negotiate with your mortgage company to get them to modify your mortgage so that you can afford the payments. This is a free service with no minimum or maximum income limit.

Foreclosure Prevention Counseling: PRG, Inc. 612-721-7556.

Energy Assistance & Energy Efficiency 

Energy Assistance Program
Assists income-eligible households maintain affordable, continuous and safe home energy by providing financial assistance towards energy and heating bills.  To request an application, call the Energy Assistance division of Community Action Partnership - Hennepin County at 952-930-3541.

Energy Efficiency Programs from Center for Environment & Energy

CEE works with Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy to implement innovative, cost-effective residential energy efficiency programs. From signing up for a home visit to finding the right insulation contractor or certifying your home as energy efficient, we’re here to help you achieve your home energy needs and goals.  Visit CEE for more information. 

Home Buyer Education

Home Buyer Education & Counseling
The program helps homebuyers understand the road to homeownership.  The educational workshops cover everything from client's financial situation, mortgage application process, to the rights and responsibilities of owning a home.  To learn more, call the Home Stretch program at Community Action Partnership at 952-933-1933.

Home Improvement

Home Improvement Financing 
Minnesota Housing offers the Fix Up Program is a loan program offering affordable, fixed rates to those who qualify.  Visit Minnesota Housing for more information. 

Counseling Services 
Post-purchase services provide home maintenance counseling services to help find and select contracts for repair and rehab issues.  For assistance, call Community Action Partnership - Hennepin County at 952-697-1310.

Housing Stabilization

Housing Stabilization/Homelessness Programs
The program assists individuals who are homeless and in shelter.  The program helps participants move into safe, affordable housing and provides case management services to obtain basic needs.  For more information, call Community Action Partnership - Hennepin County at 952-933-9639

View a list of more housing resources from partner organizations here.

Need more information or have a question? Contact Alicia D. Smith at [email protected] or 612-724-7457.