Get Help with Your Heat & Energy Bills

The following is a press release from Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin.

No family should go without heat in the winter. Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin (CAPSH) can help. CAPSH’s Energy Assistance Program (EAP) provides financial assistance to Hennepin County residents, including the city of Minneapolis, to help with home energy costs.

To apply or for more information: call (952) 930‐3541; e‐mail: [email protected]; or online webpage at Or visit Sabathani Community Center at 310 E 38th St., #211, Minneapolis, 55409. Open hours are: Mondays 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM; and, Tuesdays through Fridays 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply for energy assistance? Both homeowners and renters may be eligible for assistance. Renters that don't pay their heat may also be eligible for energy assistance.

Do you have to pay the money back? No. Energy Assistance is given as a grant, not a loan. You do not need to repay it.

What are the income guidelines? Eligibility for Energy Assistance is calculated by looking at gross income (your income before taxes and other deductions) for a three month period. Your income must be at or below the following guidelines.

2015-2016 EAP Income Guidelines
Family Size Maximum Three Month Income
1 $5,987
2 $7,829
3 $9,671
4 $11,514
5 $13,356
6 $15,198
7 $15,543
8 $15,889

** For household sizes 9 and up, call 952-930-3541**

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.