These residents shape major development projects through grassroots and professionally-facilitated planning efforts, and through partnership with planners, developers, and local government. Find meeting times.
Land Use & Transportation Committee members:
Key land use & transportation POLICIES and planning efforts:
- Advocate for redevelopment per the Corcoran Midtown Revival Plan (CMRP) in the Plan area.
- Advocate for redevelopment of other blighted neighborhood properties. Where neighborhood development occurs outside the Plan area, promote CMRP principles.
- Represent the neighborhood’s interests at Planning Commission and other public hearings.
- Represent the neighborhood’s interests on Steering Committees of public projects such as Light Rail Transit (LRT) Station Design, renovation of the East Lake Public Library, construction of the Midtown Greenway, and Lake Street Reconstruction and Streetscaping.
- Goals established by the committee and the CNO board are available here.
- Membership criteria established by the committee and the CNO board: An individual who resides in the Corcoran neighborhood and is 18 years of age or older is eligible to serve on the Housing Committee. In order to vote at a committee meeting, a committee member must have attended at least two meetings of the committee within the past year (as evidenced by the attendance lists for those meetings) prior to the meeting when the member first votes.
Recent land use & transportation and committee NEWS:
- Citizens work to preserve the Midtown Farmers Market at 2225 East Lake webpage
- The transit-oriented Corcoran Midtown Revival Plan, the LU&T committee’s guiding document, is the result of several years of neighborhood discussion, debate, fact-finding, imagination, and consensus building. It was adopted by the City as part of the Minneapolis Plan in 2002. One successful and visible result of the Plan’s vision so far is the Midtown Farmers Market at 2225 East Lake Street. Link to City of Minneapolis webpage
- CURA report Sept. 2010: Assessing Public Parking Demand at Southwest Lake and Hiawatha PDF file
- CURA report June 2009: Envisioning a Permanent Home for the Midtown Farmers Market PDF file
- Midtown Farmers Market Project Program Brief PDF file
- CNO Sustainability Statement and Performance Goals PDF file
- CNO policy on "Public Parking and the Pedestrian Realm" for the Corcoran Midtown Revival Plan area east of 21st Avenue PDF file
- CNO policy on zoning / planning inquiries PDF file
Recent land use & transportation MINUTES:
- Finance and Commerce "L&H Station plan adds more housing, trims office space" 11/9/11 link
- Minnesota Public Radio "Developers seek local approval for project in Corcoran neighborhood" story by Rupa Shenoy 11/3/11 Text link
- Metro Transit Responds to Complaints About Lake St. LRT Station 10/21/11 link
- "Development 101" community presentation by City of Minneapolis staff 2/17/11 link
- Minnesota Public Radio "School district aims to preserve farmers market on for-sale land" story by Rupa Shenoy 9/2/10 Audio and text link
- Proposals sought for Light Rail Site 8/5/10 link
- Finance and Commerce "School district shopping site near Hiawatha LRT" 7/29/10 link
- KFAI Radio "Neighborhood Spotlight" on citizen planning efforts 7/23/10 Listen here Note: the 10-minute segment begins at 38:15.
- Residents weigh in on proposed high voltage lines 7/7/09 link
- Residents champion improvements at light rail station 7/8/08 link
- New gas station coming to Cedar Avenue, CNO will convene residents with developer 2/6/08 link
- CNO Supports Petition for Environmental Assessment of Biomass Project 1/7/08 link
- Small group Station Walkthrough with Metro Transit to identify concerns about maintenance and public safety at the Lake Street LRT station 6/21/11 PDF file
- Committee meeting with guest presenter Wellington Management on development of "Hi-Lake Triangle"; other development updates 6/16/11 PDF file
- Small group meeting with Metro Transit to discuss concerns about maintenance and public safety at the Lake Street LRT station 6/7/11 PDF file