The Corcoran Neighborhood Organization (CNO) supports storefront businesses by providing matching funds for small physical improvements. CNO will match 50% of eligible projects for first-time applicants (up to $500 in matching funds) and 25% of eligible projects for returning applicants (up to $250 in matching funds).
- Any business with a storefront in the Corcoran Neighborhood is eligible to apply.
- First time applicants are given priority; returning applicants are invited to apply each year between June 1st and December 1st. A business is considered a first-time applicant if no CNO storefront business funds have been received previously or after 3 years from the date of receiving CNO storefront business funds.
- Priority will be given to the following:
- improvements that are visible from the street
- businesses that have participated in one of Corcoran’s businesses technical assistance programs
- projects with improvements that are attached to the building or are durable (i.e. planters, portable signs, semi-permanent window displays or signs)
- projects that follow the Great Streets Façade Design Guidelines where applicable
- Applicants must complete an application and include a bid or other documentation of cost for each proposed item & labor.
- If contractor labor is required, the contractor must be bonded and insured. If qualified, applicants may complete the work themselves. However, CNO will not reimburse business owners for the cost of their own labor.
- If the improvement is attached or will require physical modification to the building, a letter of support from the building owner must be provided. E-mail will suffice.
- Applicants that have not previously participated in one of Corcoran’s business technical assistance programs must complete an orientation with CNO staff prior to submitting an application.
- The Corcoran Economic Development Committee will review applications and determine award amounts on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted.
- Committee may request additional documentation or project information if required.
- Applicants will receive a letter confirming if matching funds have been granted. CNO will reimburse applicants for expenses after the work has been completed.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org OR 612-724-7457 with questions.