Highlighting events, issues, and happenings in Corcoran neighborhood, the Corcoran News has been in circulation since 1985. The paper is mailed to every household and business in the neighborhood. Read the news online here.
The purpose of the Corcoran Newspaper Committee is to create content and organize the layout of the Corcoran News, which will highlight events, issues, and happenings in Corcoran. Corcoran News seeks articles, columns, artwork, photographs, opinion, and event information for our upcoming editions.
- The Editor of the newspaper gives final approval of articles and photos for the Corcoran News with input from the committee.
- The maximum word count for submissions is 300 words, unless approved by the Newspaper Committee.
- The Corcoran News retains the right to edit submissions. We will do our best to inform and work with the writer on the edited version.
- Corcoran News will take submissions for the community calendar and will print events, meetings or happenings that are no longer than 50 words.
- The Corcoran News aims to publish the original work of Corcoran residents each month concerning issues, ideas, and events unique to the Corcoran neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. Corcoran News will also publish CNO meeting minutes in accordance with the CNO bylaws. With its remaining print space, Corcoran News will publish other work concerning issues and events unique to the Corcoran neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods as well as ads purchased by businesses. With its remaining print space, Corcoran News will consider other submissions.
Please submit all content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Rates Sheet can be found here: [pdf file]
Join Our News Team
CNO's Newspaper Committee meets twice monthly to review submitted content, pitch additional content, copy edit and create/revise layout.
For more information and questions about Corcoran News or the newspaper committee, contact staff lead, Heidi Johnson McAllister at Heidi@corcoranneighborhood.org or 612-724-7457. The Committee Chair from the CNO Board of Directors is Oscar Del Sebastian.